Welcome to the online application for services available through the Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services (BDDS). This application is used to apply for waiver services and/or group home placement. If you would like to review additional training and instructions about this application, as well as other BDDS information please visit https://www.in.gov/fssa/ddrs/developmental-disability-services/.
Please note, you will not be able to save your progress and finish at a later time. If you stop working on your application for more than 15 minutes, then the system will timeout and you will need to start a new application. All information must be completed once you begin the application. Please ensure you have all of the required information prior to beginning the application.
To complete the online application the following information is required:
- The applicant's name
- Social security number
- Date of birth
- Applicant's current physical address
- Mailing address if it is different from the current physical address
- Applicant's contact information such as phone and/or email
- The age the applicant was diagnosed with a developmental or intellectual disability
- Brief description of how the disability affects applicant's daily life
If the applicant is a minor or is an adult that has someone who has been legally designated to help make decisions with/for them the following information will be required:
- Name of legal guardian or legal representative
- Relationship to applicant
- Address of legal guardian or legal representative
- Contact information such as phone and/or email of legal guardian or legal representative
BDDS will also gather some additional information that you are not required to answer, however, your answers to these questions can help to improve our services and supports. We do not use your answers to discriminate or to make decisions about your eligibility or access to services. The following information will be asked about the applicant:
- If applicant currently has Medicaid and the number (You are not required to have Medicaid in place to apply for BDDS services.)
- Marital Status
- Education information
- Race/Ethnicity information
- Preferred Language
- If the applicant has ever been assessed by Vocational Rehabilitation
The individual and/or legal guardian/representative will be asked to check a signature box which will serve as signature to pursue BDDS services. At any time, you can choose to decline services or stop the application process.
Upon completion, please take a moment to review all answers for accuracy prior to submission. Once submitted you will receive a message that the application was successfully submitted along with information on what to expect next. You will also have the opportunity at that time to print or download a copy of the submitted application for your records.
If at any time you need assistance you may contact your district BDDS office. To find your district office go to https://www.in.gov/fssa/ddrs/files/BDDS.pdf.